7.22.2011

oh and one more thing...

i experienced both of these scenarios recently, so just a word of advice...if someone has gone through some sort of personal issue and you're not quite sure what it could be [or maybe you do know], don't say the following:

"how are you feeling?  is everything okay?  i hope i didn't bring up a bad subject, like if you were pregnant and lost the baby" ...how awkward.

.or.

"you didn't want a deformed baby anyway"

any child is a gift, and i would have rolled with whatever came my way.  i understand that people don't know what to say, and that sometimes, things just come out....and they don't understand how hurtful their words can be, but if you don't have anything nice to say...don't say anything at all.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree! I had a girl at work hear the odds of having all three babies in the end and she said, "well if you lost one, atleast you would only have two babies then." I couldn't believe that she really just said that. Some people do not think before they speak....I've noticed that more and more. I think it just makes you a stronger person though in the long run...after you want to reach across and slap the person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! WHO would say that? Reach across and slap them, is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard :-/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...