like wearing your lucky undies for a big interview. or having a feeling a special guy is coming your way because you had a dream about...i don't know...a featherless chicken [ok that's off the wall, but you get my point].
is the writing really on the wall, like mr. stevie wonder says?
been thinking a lot about it lately because i feel like little superstitious tid-bits keep flying my way. i mean, what's in a dream? does anyone ever have dreams that come true? like, regularly? and do we people in reading the future, people? i don't know.
here are a few of those superstitious little snippets that have come across my desk:
- a friend had a dream that i was having a boy
- another friend had a dream i was having twins and that she went to the ultrasound with me
- another friend had a dream that i was found out i was pregnant at 20 weeks [yikes]
- a coworker, who predicted my 1st pregnancy...down to when i would announce it (which i never actually got to do), has told me i would be pregnant by thanksgiving. this, coming from her "fortune telling" aunt who knows my story. the aunt who made a living off telling fortunes, reading tarot cards and palms.
- i had a fortune cookie tell me, "your focus will be on family in the coming months". this, i received on the heels of another fortune cookie that said, "shift your focus to your family this year".
are you superstitious? i just don't know. i think the little "glass half empty" side of me is telling me not to get my hopes up.
but, on the other hand...