tomorrow is the big ultrasound. the one when we could find out.
and while i don't necessarily want to...i think it will be really hard while we're there. so close.
jake isn't budging.
so i thought it would be fun to go through the ol' wives tales out there and see what this m&m might be...according to...old wives.
1. how you carry baby. they say carrying high means girl and low means boy. i've been told that i appear to be carrying low. i feel like it's low...compared to some coworkers [who, are having boys...so who knows]. so, chalk this one up for boy, i suppose.
2. sympathy weight. this one is new to me, but it says that if your husband gains weight with you...girl. and if not...boy. welp...mr. menz has put on a few el bees (lbs.) so, girl.
3. heart rate. although my doctor said there is absolutely no truth to this...they say that a heart rate over 140...means it's a girl. m&m had a heart rate of 156 bpm at 14 weeks. girl.
4. cravings. if you crave sweet, they predict girl. salty or sour...boy. i can't really pinpoint one or the other here, cause i do crave both. so...it's a tossup for this one.
5. the ol chinese gender predictor. it asks for your age at conception and your month of conception. what i just learned from reading this is that my month of conception is actually september, although i know when we conceived...october. that is because it goes from the month of your last period. so according to this one...boy.
6. drano? i didn't do this, but i had to share because it is o f f the w a l l. pee in a cup. mix in drano. if it turns green = girl. blue = boy. who came up with this?
7. even and odd. legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. if both are even or odd, it's a girl. if one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. 27 and 2011. girl.
8. the key to the mystery. a friend put a car key in front of me and had me pick it up. she then said that if i picked it up by the narrow part, it would be a girl. and if i picked it up by the rounded part, it would be a boy. i grabbed the rounded end. chalk it up to boy.
9. stealing beauty. they say girls steal their mother's beauty. if you have been breaking out a lot, it means girl. actually, i don't think my skin has looked better. so, boy?
10. ring on a string. hang a ring on a string over your belly. if it swings in a circle, boy. back and forth, a girl. mine went back and forth. girl.
11. queasy does it. sicker than a dog...a girl. not too bad, they say boy. i only actually vomited twice. as far as morning sickness goes, i'd say i had it pretty good. boy.
so there ya go. i'd say, according to the old wives, it's a ..... boy. but, barely. girl, 5. boy, 6.
many have asked if i have a "feeling". and the answer is no. i lean more towards girl only because everyone and their brother...literally everyone i know...is having or had a boy. [that is, except for my friend abbey over at life treasured who had enough girls for us all]. so the odds tell me girl. maybe seeing m&m tomorrow will make me have a better "feeling". and i certainly don't care either way. i seriously just want the healthiest little munchkin ever.
and, yes, i am late on my 18 week belly pick. it will be up tomorrow. :) and i will share photos from the big ultrasound too.
prayers for good health tomorrow and eased nerves.