- did you get off the medicine? - no. i was exactly 36 weeks and was to continue the medicine until thursday, june 7th. i had just taken it that evening, before we went to the hospital.
- did your water break? - yep. no mistaking it this time!
- did you have a c-section? - nope.
- did you get an epidural? - yes.
- are you breast feeding? - yes, but i will go into this more in another post. it's been quite the process.
- is she considered a premie? - miss drew is what they call a "late term premie" [36 weeks]
- did she need any special attention? - just took a little time to get that body temperature up before we could really snuggle her.
- what did she weigh when you left the hospital? - 4 lbs. 14 oz., then at the doctor the following wednesday, she weighed 4 lbs. 14.5 oz. and then again that friday...she was the same. last report, on monday, she was 5 lbs. 1 oz. so close to that birth weight!
- what percentile does that put her in? - miss drew is a peanut. 1st percentile for weight and 3rd for length. thing is, i can't remember if that is compared to other 36 weekers, or other babies who were 4 days old. either way, we just want to see her grow on her own curve.
|these past few days we've taken many trips to the pediatrician, and our first family walk. we've enjoyed having jake home for a week and a half and we've done a little tummy time.|
i promise to sit down and write the birth story
within the next two days.